As part of the Ontario Government’s Ontario Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review on November 4, Peter Bethlenfalvy, Minister of Finance and President of the Treasury Board announced the Province’s decision to once again postpone a province-wide property assessment update due to the pandemic.
Property assessments for the 2022 and 2023 property tax years will continue to be based on January 1, 2016 current values. This means your property assessment remains the same as it was for the 2021 tax year, unless there have been changes to your property, for example:
- A change to your property including an addition, new construction, or renovation.
- A structure on your property was assessed for the first time
- A change to your property’s classification
- A property no longer qualifies as farmland, conservation land or managed forests
- All or part of your property no longer qualifies to be tax exempt
MPAC will continue to maintain a comprehensive database and deliver property values, insights and services, which enable organizations and municipalities to make smart decisions.
We also continue to support the 444 municipalities across the province with assessing new properties, renovations, and property improvements to support the management of their assessment base.