No Assessment Update this year
As part of the Ontario Government’s Budget on March 24, the Minister of Finance announced the Province’s decision to once again postpone a province-wide property assessment update due to the pandemic.
Property assessments for the 2022 property tax year will continue to be based on January 1, 2016 current values. This means your property assessment remains the same as it was for the 2021 tax year, unless there have been changes to your property, for example:
- A change to your property including an addition, new construction, or renovation.
- A structure on your property was assessed for the first time
- A change to your property’s classification
- A property no longer qualifies as farmland, conservation land or managed forests
- All or part of your property no longer qualifies to be tax exempt
MPAC will continue to update property information to enable the People of Ontario to access impartial property data for smart business planning and strategy development.
We also continue to support the 444 municipalities across the province with assessing new properties, renovations, and property improvements to support the management of their assessment base.